28 July 2011

Trying a new method

I recently tried out a new method of finishing bracelets in the last two weeks - using a ribbon clasp rather than a tube clasp with a bar. I'm really loving this as it's so easy and quick. I made the first last week, and liked it so much I did another this week!

The first is a 'photo bracelet' of my Husband. It came out too big so became a bookmark :)



The second is rainbow-inspired and now belongs to my sister. The first aim was to use what I already have to hand. The second was to see if it would work to use beads with a different finish. Luckily enough I had groups of beads with the same finish, and I seem to have pulled it off!.



I used jump rings in place of a chain and the end, and each has some Swarovski crystals dangling at the end of the jump rings.

Thank you for stopping by and hope you enjoy what you see.

16 July 2011

This has kept me busy

It's been a while since I posted anything but I have good reason. My mum saw the portrait I made and wanted one. So I worked on that, and to a tight deadline as I relaxed too much then decided to undo quite a lot.

Anyway here is version two of the 3 Heads portrait.



I loomed up to the chin of the middle face then decided I really wasn't happy with it! SO I undid back up above the eyes and redid it all. Yes, it seems a lot of work but I was much happier with the outcome. I also tried Douglas W Johnson's method of working in sections, with a little modification. I quite liked it though it was a bit fiddly. I can see when it would have its' uses.

I finished that last Saturday, and promised myself a break...Well the break lasted till yesterday, and this is what came out of it. A definite keeper!



This is finished with a ribbon clasp (silver plated). Since I didn't have any chain to go with it, I used jump rings instead. Here is the photo that I took the 'snippet' from.



That's all for now. Have a good afternoon and thank you for stopping by.